No, unfortunately. Notwithstanding that vegan do not qualify to follow the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Protocol due to the many dietary restrictions, the macro calculator on the platform isn’t programmed to exchange fat servings for protein. The number of calories that would add up in the conversion would put the client at risk for weight re-gain. For example, to meet the target for protein per serving (16-20 g) would require 1/4 cup - 1/3 of PB, which is roughly 380-500 calories vs. 3 oz. chicken breast which, is ~126 calories, or an IP product that’s roughly 80-180 calories.
Articles in this section
- If we have a dieter not ready yet to start the protocol, but is interested. How are we starting him on the Stabilization?( By the past, the client could adapts or weaned off "junk food" before starting in phase 1, fully ready)
- Why is protein now limited throughout Phase 1 & 2, should it not be the first Marco that we increase if we have more caloric room?
- Will we ever be looking at total BMR and totaling calories? Or just be staying with Macro Needs and adding extra fat for exercise? What if a dieter uses the APP and total caloric intake differs from each day?
- Would it be possible to have a step by step instruction guide for Phase 2 onboarding like phase 1 in the clinic manual?
- If someone burns 400 calories in the gym daily one week on phase 2 and states that they are hungry, should the coach increase by only 1 serving of fat and reassess the next week? Or add 4 servings?
- Will there be additional training on how to troubleshoot weight gain vs weight loss in Phase 2? It is unclear as to what to add/remove. Perhaps more case studies would be helpful.
- When reviewing and assessing the dieter on Week 2 and so on, do we go in the order of: protein, fat, fiber, activity level, sleep or how do we determine which to try first?
- For people doing Phase 1 only for 2 weeks, do they also need to start carbs at 40 in stabilization and go up to 50 max?
- What’s an energy gap?
- Are there science support documents? Our clinics will ask for this regarding the new phases to support the categorization of the 3 macros and net carb increase approach?