Alcohol will need to be “planned” and budgeted into one’s daily diet according to their net carb allowance. Keep in mind that alcohol lowers inhibitions and blunts satiety signaling, so clients should be aware of the risks that are associated with drinking alcohol regardless of “budgeting”.
Articles in this section
- For people doing Phase 1 only for 2 weeks, do they also need to start carbs at 40 in stabilization and go up to 50 max?
- What’s an energy gap?
- Are there science support documents? Our clinics will ask for this regarding the new phases to support the categorization of the 3 macros and net carb increase approach?
- What to do when a client says, "I hate to plan!" ?
- Clarification on guidelines for those who are doing a tune up, especially as that’s now recommended twice a year. Is a full 7-day step down necessary? For example, someone doing a tune up loses 12 pounds. Best way to stabilize?
- What are the recommendations for exercise in stabilization?
- Could the coach suggest increasing the proteins in the Stabilization phase instead of the fat when the dieters are having some craving.
- Does the step-down week count as part of the recommended time in stabilization?
- May you confirm the unlimited vegetables do not count toward the net 40 carbs?
- How does alcohol factor in during Step-Down, Stabilization and Maintenance?
Article is closed for comments.