Clients are not going straight to full caloric intake in the Stabilization Phase (Phase 2). In fact, we aren't addressing calories very much at all during Phase 2 but focusing more on the macro composition of their diet, which starts off with suggested daily servings of protein and fat, unlimited low-glycemic vegetables and a moderate daily allowance of net carbs (which will increase each week as tolerated until they hit 75 net carbs). Once the two main objectives of Stabilization are met (their weight remains stable within 5% and their hunger is managed) then they can segue into Maintenance. Keep in mind that at this time it will be much easier - and far more accurate - to calculate their daily calorie needs for Maintenance.
Articles in this section
- If we have a dieter not ready yet to start the protocol, but is interested. How are we starting him on the Stabilization?( By the past, the client could adapts or weaned off "junk food" before starting in phase 1, fully ready)
- Why is protein now limited throughout Phase 1 & 2, should it not be the first Marco that we increase if we have more caloric room?
- Will we ever be looking at total BMR and totaling calories? Or just be staying with Macro Needs and adding extra fat for exercise? What if a dieter uses the APP and total caloric intake differs from each day?
- Would it be possible to have a step by step instruction guide for Phase 2 onboarding like phase 1 in the clinic manual?
- If someone burns 400 calories in the gym daily one week on phase 2 and states that they are hungry, should the coach increase by only 1 serving of fat and reassess the next week? Or add 4 servings?
- Will there be additional training on how to troubleshoot weight gain vs weight loss in Phase 2? It is unclear as to what to add/remove. Perhaps more case studies would be helpful.
- When reviewing and assessing the dieter on Week 2 and so on, do we go in the order of: protein, fat, fiber, activity level, sleep or how do we determine which to try first?
- For people doing Phase 1 only for 2 weeks, do they also need to start carbs at 40 in stabilization and go up to 50 max?
- What’s an energy gap?
- Are there science support documents? Our clinics will ask for this regarding the new phases to support the categorization of the 3 macros and net carb increase approach?