Gum and sugar packets would be considered 1 of 4 artificially sweetened items per day – including Xylitol products. This is because there still are trace carbs regardless of its effect on blood sugar, and in phase 1 as these trace carbs add up, they can impact ketosis. Keep in mind that these 4 optional items, along with all of the other items in this category, are troubleshooting options and intended to help or assist our clients who are undergoing a particular challenge, such as managing hunger or managing cravings. They are not to be considered “daily freebies” that they have the option of consuming.
Articles in this section
- Are IP Water Enhancers unlimited?
- Are all tofu flavors allowed on the protocol?
- Is Redmond Salt still recommended?
- Why were vegetables not added to the photos on the Phase Sheets?
- Do supplements have to be taken at lunch?
- Why is pork not included on the Macros Protein sheet?
- They have canola oil listed on in the new "oils" section. People are asking why this is okay as they've read mixed to negative reviews on canola oil from different sites, health places etc...
- To clarify the protein serving in phase 2, is the amount measured uncooked as we currently do? Also, with the additional oils, is there a guideline to heat or not to heat?
- Why are carrots not listed on the Daily Macro Need sheet?
- The stabilization macro sheet doesn’t allow swap outs? For example Greek yogurt versus 2 percent plain. Greek is now considered a protein source, but 2 percent would be fat. It’s not an option listed under fat.