Alcohol is not permitted while on Phase 1 and 2 and must be avoided while you're in ketosis. Sugar-free wine can be an interesting option during Phase 4, but keep in mind that alcohol has calories (7 Kcal per gram) but more importantly is ultimately converted to a molecule of glycerol. Glycerol is one of the major components of triglycerides (fat), thus promoting the production of fat.
Articles in this section
- Where do I find recipes?
- Why does it says "(beef)" in the ingredient list of some IP product when there is apparently no meat ingredients ?
- Is there any issue with a dieter wanting to split up their store-bought protein (i.e. fish, chicken, etc.) and have 1/2 (3-4 oz) at both lunch and dinner (in their salad), along with an Ideal Protein drink?
- Is the sugar-free wine allowed on the Protocol?
- Is the gum Xylitol (only available at health food stores) permitted?
- Are the Edamame soy beans permitted on the Protocol?
- Is tofu allowed on the diet?
- Can dieters eat “sugar-free” candy only containing sugar alcohol?
- Can I have sparkling water?
- Can I use Shirataki noodles as a pasta alternative?