Yes, plain tofu is allowed on the Ideal Protein Protocol. Plain Tofu has about 7-8 grams of protein per ounce of raw product, so you will need about 3 to 4 ounces to create a meal. Be careful with some of the "flavored tofu" because they might have too many carbohydrates (total carbs should be less than 5 grams per serving). Ensure you read the nutrition facts before purchasing a product and if you have any doubts, speak with your Coach.
Articles in this section
- Can I be on the Protocol if I'm a vegetarian?
- Can I eat only unlimited vegetables as my 4 cups per day?
- Can I split the whole protein throughout the day?
- How is the Ideal Salt different from my regular salt?
- How many "extras" can I have beside the foods listed on the phase sheets?
- What is defined as regular milk?
- Why is there so much sodium (salt) in your soups?
- Where do I find recipes?
- Why does it says "(beef)" in the ingredient list of some IP product when there is apparently no meat ingredients ?
- Is there any issue with a dieter wanting to split up their store-bought protein (i.e. fish, chicken, etc.) and have 1/2 (3-4 oz) at both lunch and dinner (in their salad), along with an Ideal Protein drink?